New Labour Market Testing Requirements from 1st October 2020!
3 Job advertisements are now required… and 1 of them must be put on the Government’s jobactive website…
In addition to the 2 job advertisements you previously had to provide in Labour Market Testing (LMT), the new Legislative Instrument amends to include one more additional advertisement requirement on the Government’s jobactive website, to undertake LMT.
The new requirements are for the nominations lodged on or after 1st October 2020.
- The nominated position must be advertised on the Government’s jobactive website
- The jobactive advertisement must have included all of the information required to be included in the other 2 advertisements mentioned above
- Jobactive advertisements are to be expected to have run for at least 4 weeks (28 Days)
- Applications of Expressions of Interest for the advertised position must have been accepted for at least 4 weeks (28Days)
- This applies to all nominated occupations (including the newly announced Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List)
Note: the advertising may have been undertaken by a third party if authorised to do so by the sponsor (for example; an associated entity, a contracted party or a recruitment agency). There is no requirement that the sponsor placed the advertisements themselves.
Evidence of total of 3 advertisements, including an advertisement published on the Government’s jobactive website, must be provided at the time of the nomination lodged. For more detailed information and overview of nominating a position, please don’t hesitate to contact us.